Event and Internal Communications Specialist
Main areas of focus:
The Learning and Performance Event Planner provide day-to-day support in organizing and creating events and providing internal communications needed by CSIG businesses independently and provide support to the Learning and Performance Director by assisting with various L&P duties and projects.
The Learning and Performance Event and Internal Communication Specialist coordinates the planning and managing of events of varying sizes and purposes and understands the logistics and developing strong relationships with CSIG businesses and outside vendors to provide the best possible experience for employees. This position will also create and release internal communications of events and other initiatives of the Learning and Performance team to appropriate businesses.
- Assist LP Business Partner in identifying businesses' requirements and expectations for each event.
- Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resource needs, pre-event marketing, and on-site coordination, to post event follow up
- Expected travel approximately 25-30% of your time.
- Organize suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment.
- Order supplies needed for events and ensure items arrive in a timely fashion
- Assist in researching and booking venues
- Assist in site and vendor selection and negotiating the best possible rates and terms
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders including business partners, Learning and Performance team members
- Conduct post-event data and strategic analysis to inform future events
- Collaborate with the marketing team to plan and execute pre-event marketing
- Construct succinct, accurate and appealing communication content for internal stakeholders
- Coordinate communication that positively impacts organization
Metrics for Success:
- Applies Common Beliefs while problem-solving issues that arise during the development of trainings
- Complete event planning and task lists within minimal guidance
- Actively contribute thoughts and ideas during meetings with business partners
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Takes initiative and completes multiple projects on time
- Demonstrates strong customer service and meet the needs of attendees during events
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in the field or related area
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business Management, Communications or equivalent experience
- Able to efficiently use MS Office suite, and navigating virtual learning experiences via MS Team or similar platform.
- Ability to speak and facilitate in small and large groups
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Support the coordination of learning events
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Value both the opportunity to do well professionally and grow personally.