Content Designer and Developer
Main Area of focus:
The Learning and Performance Content Designer and Developer- 1 assists with the day-to-day content design and development necessary for L&P projects. This position provides support to the Learning and Performance Director by assisting with various L&P duties and projects.
The Learning and Performance Content Designer and Developer is part of the Employee Experience team and creates training content that is learner friendly, relevant to the objectives of the business, and effective in developing employees to become their very best.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop technical trainings for a variety of modes including, but not limited to, live and virtual instructor led training, eLearning courses, and web solutions.
- Construct training content that is relevant to the needs of the learner/employee and business(es) goals and objectives.
- Basic understanding of adult learning best practices in multiple learning settings.
- Understand and design content using instructional design principles, tools, and techniques to learning opportunities to ensure training content is learner friendly and satisfies various learning styles of the target audience.
- Assist with facilitating training events, connects easily with various audiences
- Use evidence-based, blended learning strategies for adult learners.
- Keep current with learning trends, tools, and technology to offer innovative opportunities and continuous improvement for our team and business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Metrics for Success:
- Applies Common Beliefs when developing and designing content for Learning and Performance projects.
- Develops content that supports different learning styles using evidence-based strategies
- Writes and develops creatively in a variety of different styles/tones to ensure the best content for the learner/employee.
- Assists with facilitating training events, connects easily with various audiences.
- Participates in a variety of learning experiences.
- Communicates with all necessary parties to create relevant training materials.
- Problem-solves with strong customer service skills.
- Takes initiative and completes multiple projects on time independently.
- 1 - 5 years of field-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe Suite, Affinity, or similar programs preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience working in multiple Learning Management Systems.
- Experience with e-learning creation and curation, software, and authoring applications (Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline and Rise 360 preferred).