Position Summary for Property Accountant:
As a member of the Common Sail Investment Group Finance and Accounting Team, The Property Accountant is responsible for recording daily financial information, including cash balances as well as obtaining and following up on missing funds and/or statements. This position is responsible for providing detailed financial information to client leads and internal associates so they may make accurate financial decisions.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills for Property Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Three or more years of accounting experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties for Property Accountant:
- Actively support our culture – our pillars and 1440.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for distribution.
- Performs analysis of General Ledger accounts.
- Analyzes and reconciles bank statements.
- Ensures compliance and policies are adhered to
- Responsible for calculating monthly accruals.
- Reviews and posts journal entries.
- Prepares fixed assets schedules and journal entries.
- Performs month-end closing duties.
- Prepares YE workpapers.
- Communicates exceptions to Leadership.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Supports field staff.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.